October 05, 2020
New in the Garden
(Sprint 21, 2020)
Continued work in the Digital Garden.
Personal Productivity Routines
Added several new notes under the Personal Productivity Practices index including:
- Nightly Review
- Step-by-step note on my daily routine tha has evolved over the years from the basics of Getting Things Done by David Allen.
- Fortnigh Review
- Step-by-step note on a periodic review conducted each fortnight where I evaluate the past two weeks and plan out the next two weeks.
- Five Line Journal
- A method for quick daily logging that allows for reviewing not only today, but the events of the (up to) last five years.
- Bullet Journal
- Began a stub outlining the syntax behind my bullet journalling
- Knowledge Management
- A longer note detailing some of my research behind knowledge management – extracting, storing, and maintaining records.
- Fibonacci Spaced Repetition
- A quick back-of-the-hand technique for doing Spaced Repetition (SRS) that I am employing in my Japanese language studies.
Additionally, I started doing a deep dive into the Japanese language which has resulted in several notes outlining my techniques and learning thus far.
- Strategies for Language Learning
- Outline of strategies employed with my language acquisition
- Japanese Hiragana
- Mnemonics and resources for learning Hiragana.
- Japanese Kanji
- Mnemonics and resources for learning Kanji along with a dictionary of Kanji that I have learned thus far.
History and Outline of Damasca
Last, I worked on outlining my memory of the Damasca project – it’s precursor (Graal Online) and current efforts to revitalize the project.
- History of Damasca
- An outline of the Damasca project from 1999 to today.
- Graal Online
- A bit of a memoir covering my memory regarding the precursor to Damasca, Graal Online.
- Damasca Classic
- A little bit of a reference regarding the current conversation about where to go with Damasca.