May 29, 2021
Continued work in the Digital Garden during the last two quarters, although, I fell far behind on pushing updates to the public repository.
- Styling and References
- Worked on improving the template styling for links, code samples, and inline references.
- Added new recipes for Shredded Chicken Poblano Soup and a section for recipes that I want to try.
- Japanese Resources
- Added a note covering resources for learning Japanaese including tools that I’ve been using, links to other sites covering learning techniques, textbooks, and podcasts.
- Begining to dive through the vast resource that is the MDN to try to “catch up” on developments in front-end web. My career has gradually drifted more back-end centric and there’s been new developments in terms of the flex and grid layout systems.
Including that we are no longer constrained to
varand can now use
const. Additional notes on how
awaitwork. Researching the
- Breakdown of the major frameworks out there and their architectural ideaologies.
- Unit Testing
- Extensive updates to my notes on Unit Testing to cover the different shapes and kinds of unit tests that can be applied to a problem.
- Code Reviews
- Researching into the question of what are good and bad code reviews.
- Vim Grimoire
- Added notes in the grimoirie for marks and registers.
- Brag Sheet
- Breaking down an idea proposed by Julia Evans for creating a formal document of your accomplishments throughout the work year.
- Small Web
- A summarization of the ideas behind the proponents of the “small web” initiative.
- Debug Nvidia POP OS
- Because my Nvidia card doesn’t work with newer kernals and POP OS keeps trying to update me and kill my gaming fun time.
- The Heart Sutra
- One of my annual goals this year is to familiarize myself with the major sutras referenced in Zen Bhuddism. The first up is a dive through various dharma books and readings on The Heart Sutra.
- Travel Flightlists
- Added checklists for backpacking, weekend travel, and world travel.
- Currently Reading
- Still keeping my currently reading list up-to-date with books, films, games, and the endless deluge of online articles.