Yet, Rust is the first systems language that really has gotten me excited to sit down and try it out. Maybe get back into the indie game scene (which I have been saying forever).
This post is going to be updated semi-regularly as just a continuing list of Rust resources worth looking into:
Learning the Language
- The Official Rust Guide
- Rust by Example
- Notes about Rust Modules
- Piston Tutorial
- This was quite buried in their repository. But it gives a good structure to get started.
- Piston Move Square Repository
- I learned a lot reading though this code on how to get things started with Piston.
- Piston Framework: A framework for making games with Rust
- Ncollide: A collision library for Rust
- GLFW: Not a rust resource, but a C library. Piston links to it so it seems relevant.
- How to Install GLFW-3: Since I couldn’t figure it out from GLFW’s documentation.
- Tepee - Rust HTTP Toolkit